XArc Decision Support services form the backbone of reality checks on client projects. Our assessments for civil, strategic, and commercial space projects can provide validation of assumptions used, verification of program requirements or drive down “desirements”, and impose a rigorous risk management process to provide the basis of informed decision making.
- Architectural Programming & Program Analysis
- Technology Insertion Assessment
- Process Flow Modeling and Space Utilization
- Visualization Services
- Risk and Mitigation Assessments
- Business Case Development
Short course developed by XArc and KBR to provide an overview of planning and design considerations in development of a space transport resupply and delivery system that can quickly and accurately deploy personnel, stocks, packages, supplies, and equipment to any location on earth. Criteria for choosing the potential locations and disposition of space support facilities, space vehicle systems, ground support logistics and supply chain management in austere, par-built (or repurposed existing) and pre-purposed (spaceport) environment considerations were presented.
Client: National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA)
- Illustrated sequencing of the outpost buildup with pictorials of mission snapshots to play out the operational scenario and visualize the sequence of risks along the way to how the prepared landing zone gets to its ready state in time for arrival of next crewed Altair lunar lander mission.
- Identified and ranked risks according to a risk matrix priority scoring using Constellation Program criteria for risk consequence scoring; formulated mitigation strategies.
Risk Assessment Visualization Study for Lunar Outpost Landing Zone Surface Preparation
Client: Space Enterprise Counsel / NASA ESMD Lunar Surface Systems Project Office.
- Visualization of a notional Lunar Outpost construction sequence using Constellation Program baselined Altair lunar lander flight manifest.
- Visualization analysis depicting how an International Partner (IP) provided habitation module and IP developed cargo lunar lander can operationally and programmatically integrate into the NASA Constellation Program.
A Scenario for an International Partner Participant to Provide a Habitation Module to Augment NASA’s Lunar Surface Habitation Capability
- Visualization of concept of operations for fueling sequence of Virgin Galactic White Knight2 and Space Ship2 spacecraft with NO2 and Solid Fuel Rocket Motors to achieve a hangar design for accommodating a throughput turnaround of 4 flights per day.
- Development of Concept of Operations for spacecraft processing.
- Risk assessment and recommended mitigation strategies.
Client: URS / Foster+Partners